Duerden Brothers now supply many of the leading names in The Food Service Industry. As part of the family business, the team at Duerden Brothers work determinedly to respond to customer’s requests as quickly and efficiently as possible, ensuring the good name of the business is always maintained. We always strive to uphold our reputation as trustworthy and reliable suppliers and we aim to be the ‘go to’ company for all your cress, watercress, bean sprouts, frizzy peas, little gem, pea shoot and beetroot requirements.
So, if you require fresh and flavoursome produce then please do not hesitate to contact us and we promise you will not be disappointed.
Please click here to view all our products.
A brief history
– 1900: John Duerden starts supplying fruit and vegetables to shops in Brierfield, Nelson. He uses a horse and cart to deliver his goods in wooden crates.
– 1945: After WW2, Duerden Brothers open the site in Great Eccleston and they become well known in and around Blackpool for growing tomatoes. By now the business has become mainly wholesale, supplying cucumber and lettuce as well as tomatoes.
– 1986: The site in Brierfield closes due to poor weather conditions and the family business discontinued the wholesale salad to concentrate on growing and supplying cress.
– 1990: James Duerden starts marketing bean sprouts and produces around 3 tons per week.
– 2004: With the demand for cress in decline, watercress becomes the main product along with bean sprouts.
– 2008: The Duerden brothers visit Tokyo and, based on knowledge obtained during their stay, invest in state of the art machinery to wash and pack their products.
– 2017: Duerden Brothers moved to a brand new purpose built site in Whitestake, Preston. Investing in more state of the art machinery and a number of new vehicles enabling them to provide a more efficient service to meet all their customers requirements.
Present: Now Duerden Brothers are supplying bean sprouts and watercress reliably all year round.