- 1900: John Duerden starts supplying fruit and vegetables to shops in Brierfield, Nelson. He uses a horse and cart to deliver his goods in wooden crates.
- 1945: After WW2, Duerden Brothers open the site in Great Eccleston and they become well known in and around Blackpool for growing tomatoes. By now the business has become mainly wholesale, supplying cucumber and lettuce as well as tomatoes.
- 1986: The site in Brierfield closes due to poor weather conditions and the family business discontinued the wholesale salad to concentrate on growing and supplying cress.
- 1990: James Duerden starts marketing bean sprouts and produces around 3 tons per week.
- 2004: With the demand for cress in decline, watercress becomes the main product along with bean sprouts.
- 2008: The Duerden brothers visit Tokyo and, based on knowledge obtained during their stay, invest in state of the art machinery to wash and pack their products.
- Present: Now Duerden Brothers are supplying bean sprouts and watercress reliably all year round.
Duerden Brothers Ltd, Garstang Road, Great Eccleston, Preston, Lancashire, PR3 0ZQ